Since Bovada’s introduction to the gaming market in 2007 it has earned a reputation for offering a wide range of betting options and some of the most generous bonuses in the industry. This review will look at whether Bovada lives up to the hype and really is as good as it seems. Below you will be able to learn some of the key benefits of this bookmaker, along with some of their disadvantages. You will also discover important information on making deposits and withdrawals, as well as the bonuses offered by Bovada.
Who is Bovada?
Bovada is a Canadian based company located in the Mohawk territory of Kahnawake, Canada. It has been in operation since 2007 and is known for good customer service and quick payouts. It currently offers sports betting on a wide range of events, tournaments and leagues. It also offers poker, horse racing and casino games. It is a licensed gambling permit holder by the Kahnawake gaming commission.
Bovada offers an excellent range of sports, casino and poker bonuses. Included among these bonuses are:
- 50% welcome free bet bonus on deposits for sports. This 50% bonus is worth up to $250.
- Up to $3,000 bonus on casino games. This is a 100% matching bonus on all new deposits to the casino.
- The poker section offers a 100% welcome bonus up to a value of $1000.
- 100% refer a friend cash bonus of up to $100.
* Bovada also offers casino cash points. As you play casino games you earn points. If you earn 100 points you are eligible for $1 in casino chips. There are also 100% matching bonuses each week.
Bovada offers all of the standard deposit options. This includes Visa credit cards, wire transfers and prepaid gift cards. Amex and Mastercard are not currently accepted by Bovada. The primary withdrawal option is check via courier. All players are provided with one free withdrawal a month. You can also withdraw funds via wire transfer which is a faster option.
Bovada offers a good range of customer support options including a general support phone line, and specific casino and poker lines. Phone support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Bovada can also be reached via the contact form on their website.
Key Benefits of Bovada
• Mobile betting – Bovada allows you to fund and place wagers using your mobile device. Mobile betting is available for iPhone 3 and up and on all Android devices.
• Licensed and regulated gaming operation – Because Bovada operates in Mohawk territory it is a completely legitimate gambling operation, whilst still being located in North America. This makes it a more secure option compared to some offshore gambling operations.
• Well established reputation – Bovada.lv was created in 2011 for US players by the masterminds behind the Bodog brand and has earned a good reputation with its customers. This is not a “fly by night” operation.
• Generous bonuses – Bovada offers some of the highest bonuses in the bookmaking industry. The $250 welcome bonus is considerably higher than that offered by most other bookmakers.
• Good customer support – Previous customers report that Bovada has responded quickly to issues that have been raised. Customer support is available at all times which make getting assistance easy.
• Entertainment prop bets available – In addition to the wide range of traditional wagering opportunities, Bovada also allows you to place bets on entertainment prop bets. This includes television, celebrity and political wagers.
• Payout window of 5 – 10 days – Bovada currently offers a payout window of between 5 – 10 days. This is reasonably fast by industry standards.
Disadvantages of Bovada
• Accounts have been closed in the past – In 2012 clients located in Maryland had their accounts closed. These players did receive funds that they had with Bovada repaid in full. Future account closures are possible in response to regulatory or legal pressures.
• Payout windows have varied – While the payout window is currently as little as five days it has at time been longer. During 2012 payout times were as long as 30 days which was frustrating for many customers.
Our opinion of Bovada.lv
Canadian based Bovada offers a good opportunity for players looking for a more secure option for placing their bets. They really do provide an excellent range of wagering options on all major sports, as well as poker, racing and casino games. This company is highly recommended to all US players looking for a well established bookmaker open to residents of the USA.